Module 13 and 14 video review
The Lowdown on Lowbrow:
In watching this video I was able to understand how certain forms of art can be classified into a single category. Also how they work together and compliment each other based on subject and style in a way that can be displayed in an exhibition. I had no idea what lowbrow art was before watching this video. Well, I have seen it but never knew it had an actual classification. I found it interesting to see the whole community of artists that are part of the category. It helped me have a better understanding on how to pair art together.
An Acquiring Mind:
This video was really interesting because I had no idea that an art curator has that much power in an art museum. It was really interesting to me to see how art is proposed for the collection. I also really enjoyed seeing how knowledgable the art curators were in presenting the work they were trying to get the museum to buy. Overall this video was very interesting. I really appreciated Phillipe de Montebello's ambition and achievements in bringing artwork around the world into one place. It helped me appreciate art museums a lot more than I did prior. I think it may have helped me in the curation project just in the sense that I should be knowledgeable in the artwork I am presenting.
In watching this video I was able to understand how certain forms of art can be classified into a single category. Also how they work together and compliment each other based on subject and style in a way that can be displayed in an exhibition. I had no idea what lowbrow art was before watching this video. Well, I have seen it but never knew it had an actual classification. I found it interesting to see the whole community of artists that are part of the category. It helped me have a better understanding on how to pair art together.
An Acquiring Mind:
This video was really interesting because I had no idea that an art curator has that much power in an art museum. It was really interesting to me to see how art is proposed for the collection. I also really enjoyed seeing how knowledgable the art curators were in presenting the work they were trying to get the museum to buy. Overall this video was very interesting. I really appreciated Phillipe de Montebello's ambition and achievements in bringing artwork around the world into one place. It helped me appreciate art museums a lot more than I did prior. I think it may have helped me in the curation project just in the sense that I should be knowledgeable in the artwork I am presenting.
Comments
Post a Comment