Module 8
More Human Than Human
This video was particularly interesting in the ways it explored the possibilities as to why there is idealism in the depiction of the human form. I really enjoyed the fact that a brain surgeon was interested in this and related how our brains react to a beautiful work of art. I have learned in my art history classes of idealism in Greek art as well as art throughout history so to me, it was a review of topic I have been away from for a couple semesters. I did however, like seeing how the baby birds responded to the color red and how that can relate to what humans are attracted to. I also really loved how the video talked of how humans seem to not like reality so art is not truly depicted of the true reality. However I think as well that has to do with how each human has a different perception of what reality is.
Art and Life in the Middle Ages The Black Death
This video peaked my interest because I have always been really intrigued by the black death. I have learned about medieval artworks in my art history classes however I feel like we did not touch upon how the black death had a major influence on the actual artwork itself. I liked the theory that perhaps later medieval works were painted less realistic due to the negative feelings the black plague had left behind. This video also made me want to read Alberti's book after listening to the art historian talk about Alberti's analysis of Giotto's work. This video had a lot of really interesting history to it which I liked. Especially when discussing the radical Christians that whipped themselves as they walked through towns.
This video was particularly interesting in the ways it explored the possibilities as to why there is idealism in the depiction of the human form. I really enjoyed the fact that a brain surgeon was interested in this and related how our brains react to a beautiful work of art. I have learned in my art history classes of idealism in Greek art as well as art throughout history so to me, it was a review of topic I have been away from for a couple semesters. I did however, like seeing how the baby birds responded to the color red and how that can relate to what humans are attracted to. I also really loved how the video talked of how humans seem to not like reality so art is not truly depicted of the true reality. However I think as well that has to do with how each human has a different perception of what reality is.
Art and Life in the Middle Ages The Black Death
This video peaked my interest because I have always been really intrigued by the black death. I have learned about medieval artworks in my art history classes however I feel like we did not touch upon how the black death had a major influence on the actual artwork itself. I liked the theory that perhaps later medieval works were painted less realistic due to the negative feelings the black plague had left behind. This video also made me want to read Alberti's book after listening to the art historian talk about Alberti's analysis of Giotto's work. This video had a lot of really interesting history to it which I liked. Especially when discussing the radical Christians that whipped themselves as they walked through towns.
Comments
Post a Comment