Hand drawing



Drawing my hand was something I never liked doing.  Hands are incredibly difficult to draw, there are so many bones within a hand I feel you almost have to take this into consideration.  I did blind contour for most of the time because I found that easier for me to get the shape of my fingers.  I used a 6B pencil because I feel more familiar with pencil than drawing with charcoal.

Drawing with my non-dominant hand was really hard and I was not too fond of it or the drawings I produced.  However it challenged my motor skills in a way.  The bottom drawing of my hands are kind of sloppy compared to the top.  I feel the second time around I spent more time on the detail and moving slower with my drawing process.   I think it would be cool to use my non-dominant hand to draw abstract people or shapes, so yes I would consider utilizing that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Albright Knox Visit