Architecture: The Science Of Design
This video was really interesting because it explored the fundamentals in creating buildings. The process of having to take into account environmental factors was something I suppose I never thought about. Especially when the video elaborated on how living weight must be considered, which is the furniture and people that be within the building. I chose to watch this video because science in general intrigues me. I really like to see the process of things because I often feel my brain is this sponge that can take in any information and utilize it in the future. I was really intrigued by the whole technological aspect of architecture. It made me uncomfortable that this video is definitely out-dated and the technology that was available such as the curtains opening and a voice saying "good morning." No thank you, that would freak me right out. It makes me wonder what is actually available for very wealthy people that I do not know about in terms of around the house technologies.
Frank Gehry: Architecture as Art
I enjoyed this video because architecture is something I know is very artistic but of course all of the architecture I have studied are from the baroque era or something of that nature. It was really interesting to watch a video on a contemporary architect. His approach to creating was interesting to me. The fact that it seems as though Gehry challenges himself a lot to not only keep himself engaged but also to push his limits to what he is capable of working with is really interesting. Architecture is something I didn't really understand as an artistic process, however this video helped me deconstruct the thoughts I had prior and understand what goes into architecture from an artistic perspective.
This video was really interesting because it explored the fundamentals in creating buildings. The process of having to take into account environmental factors was something I suppose I never thought about. Especially when the video elaborated on how living weight must be considered, which is the furniture and people that be within the building. I chose to watch this video because science in general intrigues me. I really like to see the process of things because I often feel my brain is this sponge that can take in any information and utilize it in the future. I was really intrigued by the whole technological aspect of architecture. It made me uncomfortable that this video is definitely out-dated and the technology that was available such as the curtains opening and a voice saying "good morning." No thank you, that would freak me right out. It makes me wonder what is actually available for very wealthy people that I do not know about in terms of around the house technologies.
Frank Gehry: Architecture as Art
I enjoyed this video because architecture is something I know is very artistic but of course all of the architecture I have studied are from the baroque era or something of that nature. It was really interesting to watch a video on a contemporary architect. His approach to creating was interesting to me. The fact that it seems as though Gehry challenges himself a lot to not only keep himself engaged but also to push his limits to what he is capable of working with is really interesting. Architecture is something I didn't really understand as an artistic process, however this video helped me deconstruct the thoughts I had prior and understand what goes into architecture from an artistic perspective.
Comments
Post a Comment