Creating a Gmail account and setting up a blog was incredibly simple.  I have a Gmail account as well as my own personal Blogger account so the process was something I was already familiar with.

I am hoping throughout this course I will establish a higher and appropriate vocabulary pertaining to art.  That is something I often struggle with when I have to critique works or explain them.  I also am hoping that I will have the opportunity to become more familiar with contemporary female artists.

Taking an online course is something I am on the fence about.  I took an online course before however when I first started out at Buffalo State I was an education major.  I was highly uninterested in the material I was learning which made it really difficult to want to dedicate time aside to do my work.  I found it very mundane and not interactive.  This class however seems more interactive which I think I am going to enjoy a lot.

The Growth Mindset videos were fairly interesting.  I suppose I am having a hard time at the moment with time management because this is the first time I will ever be working to pay for my own apartment and bills while also being in school full time.  I bought a day to day schedule that I write absolutely everything I need to do in it because I am a person that becomes overwhelmed very easily.  It depresses me a little that I hardly get time to sleep or do the things I like based on how my schedule is looking.  I think its almost important to equally live in the present as much as it is to keep the future in mind due to the uncertainties of life. With saying that though, I know it is something I can handle if I put my mind to it. 

I definitely have a growth mindset from watching that video.  I have a desire to continue to learn and I have come to the realization that I can learn how to do pretty much anything I want given the time.  I am highly interested in space and the theories that surround the cosmos.  Since I am awful at mathematics I knew I most likely could never get the grades I need to become an astrophysicist.  Knowing this, I go to the library and just get books that explain the cosmos in a way that I can understand and I feel that is almost as fulfilling at least for me.  

I had a hard time with school at first.  Especially with my grades because high school was a walk in the park for me.  So when I came to college I just wasn't expecting to have to dedicate as much time and effort into my classes as I thought that I would have to.  However, now I am a junior and still find myself struggling at times.  I definitely feel more engaged in my work though because all my classes at this point are related to what I want to do and am passionate about.  It is also nice to feel challenged rather than breezing passed each class that I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Albright Knox Visit